Benefits of being accredited...
There are many benefits associated with becoming an accredited business:
- Listing on websites such as ATAP and a discounted listing on visitvictoria.com;
- Parks Victoria will issue accredited businesses 3 year licences as opposed to one year for non-accredited businesses;
- Discounts and/or value added benefits when participating in marketing and advertising programs produced by Tourism Victoria;
- Benefits associated with national and international promotion of the accreditation ‘tick’ logo and the TQUAL mark as a symbol of quality within the tourism industry; and
- The accreditation logo being recognised and promoted in government-sponsored programs and tourism publications. Every accredited operator is issued with a distinctive logo, which may be used on all advertising and promotional material.
What is involved?
Accreditation is a three year cycle which is subject to annual renewals. It involves an initial Application, two years of renewal followed by a full review at the end. Once a review is complete, the cycle is repeated from the first renewal.
The accreditation process is all completed through our online accreditation program.
As a business makes their way through the online program they will be asked to submit information relating to their business operating systems, policies and procedures, adherence to legal obligations and their commitment to continuous improvement.
Annual fees are based on the number of annual full‐time equivalent persons working within the organisation.
For businesses within specific areas of the industry there are also specialised accreditation programs available e.g. Visitor Information Centres or Camp and Adventure Activity Providers.
How do I find out more about accreditation?
To find out more about accreditation, please fill in the below form and we will contact you via your preferred method to provide you information about the program, answer any questions you may have, and provide our Information Pack and Registration Form. We will do our best to contact you within 2 working days.
What are the next steps?
Once you have registered your interest, if you would like to continue the process, simply complete and return the Registration Form that would have been emailed to you. Registration includes a one-off fee of $110 and provides you with personal login details to the online accreditation program. The program includes many tools for business development including information pages, case studies, templates, samples, links, and more.
We now offer a rebate of 50% on your registration fee if you successfully complete your application within 4 months of registering, to be put towards your first yearly fee. This is a great reason to complete your application and start receiving the benefits of accreditation.
Once you have your personal login details, you can go through each of the 14 modules in the online program to complete your accreditation application.
Remember - as you go through the application process the ATAP staff are happy to answer any questions, provide advice, and assist you in its completion. Click here for contact details.